Eligible patients may save up to $20 off on each of up to 6 qualifying prescriptions for SAPHRIS.
Please see the accompanying product information, including the Boxed Warning about increased risk of death in elderly people with dementia-related psychosis (a severe mental health problem).
The coupon is not insurance.
SAPHRIS is a prescription medication. Only your healthcare provider can decide if SAPHRIS is right for you.
If eligible, follow these steps to save up to $20 off on each of up to 6 qualifying prescriptions for SAPHRIS.
- If your doctor thinks that SAPHRIS is right for you, he or she will write a prescription for SAPHRIS.
- To activate the coupon, go to https://www.activatethecard.com/merck?grp=6621 or call 855-208-3316.
- Print the coupon.
- Present the coupon and your insurance card (if any) with a valid signed prescription at any participating eligible retail or mail-order pharmacy (certain restrictions apply).
- If you are unable to redeem the coupon at your eligible retail or mail-order pharmacy, please keep your receipt and call McKesson Corporation at 855-208-3316 within 30 days of purchase to request a Direct Member Reimbursement (DMR) form. Please Note: Not all patients will be eligible for Direct Member Reimbursement. Merck may discontinue Direct Member Reimbursement at any time without notice.
- The coupon can be used up to 6 times before the expiration date and provides a maximum benefit of up to $20 or the amount of your out-of-pocket cost, whichever is less, off on each of up to 6 qualifying prescriptions (regardless of the quantity supplied on the prescription).
- Not all patients are eligible to use the coupon. Please see Coupon Terms and Conditions.
Please note: The same coupon offer may be available in different forms. For example, you may receive the coupon from your doctor, or you may print it yourself from the product website. Regardless of how many coupons you receive or print, you may only use the coupon and receive up to $20 off an eligible prescription, up to 6 times before the expiration date printed on the coupon.
Terms and Conditions
- The coupon is valid for up to $20 off on each of up to 6 qualifying prescriptions for SAPHRIS (regardless of the quantity supplied on the prescription).
- Coupon is valid for use 6 times only. Patient must have a copayment or make full cash payment for the prescription. Savings are limited to amount of your out-of-pocket cost, up to a maximum of $20 per prescription for up to 6 qualifying prescriptions.
- No other purchase is necessary.
- The coupon is not transferable. No substitutions are permitted. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, free trial, discount, prescription savings card, or other offer.
- The coupon is not insurance.
- The coupon is valid for patients with private insurance or cash-paying patients.Not valid for patients covered under Medicaid, Medicare, a Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan (regardless of whether a specific prescription is covered), TRICARE, CHAMPUS, Puerto Rico Government Health Insurance Plan ("Healthcare Reform"), any qualified health plan purchased through a health insurance exchange established by a state government or the federal government, or any other state or federal medical or pharmaceutical benefit program or pharmaceutical assistance program (collectively, "Government Programs").
- You must be 18 years of age or older to redeem the coupon. Patient, pharmacist, and prescriber agree not to seek reimbursement for all or any part of the benefit received by the patient through the offer. Patient is responsible for reporting receipt of coupon benefit to any insurer, health plan, or other third party who pays for or reimburses any part of the prescription filled using the coupon, as may be required.
- The coupon can be used only by eligible United States or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico residents at participating eligible retail or mail-order pharmacies in the United States or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Product must originate in the United States or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- The coupon is the property of Merck and must be turned in on request.
- It is illegal to sell, purchase, trade, or counterfeit, or offer to sell, purchase, trade, or counterfeit the coupon. Void if reproduced. Void where prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted.
- Merck reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer at any time without notice.
- Data related to your redemption of the coupon may be collected, analyzed, and shared with Merck, for market research and other purposes related to assessing coupon programs. Data shared with Merck will be aggregated and de-identified, meaning it will be combined with data related to other coupon redemptions and will not identify you.
- Accompanying is the Physician Prescribing Information.
- Expiration Date: 6/30/2014.
SAPHRIS is a type of medicine called an atypical antipsychotic
. It is approved for the acute treatment of manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar I
disorder in adults.
It may be taken alone or with a mood stabilizer (lithium or valproate).
Important Safety Information
Elderly people with dementia-related psychosis (a severe mental health problem) taking atypical antipsychotic drugs, including SAPHRIS, are at an increased risk for death compared with those taking placebo (sugar tablet). SAPHRIS is not approved for the treatment of people with dementia-related psychosis (see Boxed Warning).
An increased risk for stroke and ministroke has been reported in elderly people with dementia-related psychosis.
Serious allergic reaction:
Do not take SAPHRIS if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Seek immediate emergency assistance if you have symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing; itching; swelling of the face, tongue, or throat; or light-headedness.
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS):
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have high fever; stiff muscles; confusion; changes in pulse, heart rate, or blood pressure; sweating; or muscle pain and weakness. These can be signs of a rare and potentially fatal side effect (NMS) that has been reported with SAPHRIS and similar medicines. Treatment should be stopped if you have NMS.
Also tell your healthcare provider if:
- You have or had low white blood cell counts, because low white blood cell counts and related conditions have been reported with SAPHRIS and similar medicines
- You have certain heart conditions such as irregular heartbeats, or take certain medicines that can cause irregular heartbeats, because SAPHRIS should be avoided in these circumstances
- You have a seizure disorder, have had seizures, or have conditions that increase your risk for seizures
- You are taking or plan to take prescription and over-the-counter medicines, because there is a risk for drug interactions with SAPHRIS
- You have thoughts of suicide or of hurting yourself or others. Symptoms of bipolar I disorder or schizophrenia may include these thoughts. If you have these thoughts at any time, tell your healthcare provider or go to an emergency room right away
- You have or have had swallowing problems, because SAPHRIS and medicines like it have been associated with swallowing problems
- You experience a lack of menstrual periods, leaking or enlarged breasts, or impotence, because SAPHRIS and medicines like it may raise the levels of prolactin. The levels may continue to be high when SAPHRIS is used over time
- You are pregnant or planning to get pregnant while taking SAPHRIS
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call
Please click here for Prescribing Information, including the Boxed
Warning about increased risk of death in elderly people with dementia-related psychosis (a severe mental health problem), and discuss it with your healthcare provider.
This site is intended only for residents of the United States, its territories, and Puerto Rico.
SAPHRIS is a registered trademark of N.V. Organon, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.
© 2013 MSD Oss B.V., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.
All rights reserved.